Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Growing Up

Most girls I know dreamed of their wedding, the perfect house, kids, etc. And I certainly dreamed of those things but of course life doesn't always go the way you want them to or things get out of order. For instance my husband and I knew we wanted to get married before we were pregnant but we started trying to conceive a baby and apparently the universe decided to have a baby before wedding. Every book told me conceiving takes 6-12 months which for us it only took 1. We didn't have the big wedding, yet, we plan to, just haven't gotten around to it. We decided to just go ahead and do the whole courthouse thing and by gosh it's sad to say but our 4 year marriage has outlasted some pretty lavish and expensive weddings. The venue doesn't equal a great marriage.

As far as children go I like to think my son is pretty perfect, just like every mother thinks of her own child. And yes we did want more children. That didn't seem to be in our plans either. I guess just because the first one is easy the second isn't. And that's ok too. We have a great marriage, and a pretty awesome kid. Life is good. But we didn't have a house.

But now we do. Or we will. Our tentative closing date on our "dream" house is April 1st. I haven't packed a single thing, I'm already freaking out about our mortgage payment, and I'm a pinterest addict trying to plan room colors. But man oh man, it will be OUR home. We can decorate and paint and do whatever we want with it. I'll have my very own craft room, a master bathroom off our bedroom. It's wonderful. The location is amazing. It has everything I wanted in a home. Of course it's not perfect, one of the bathroom will need renovations but again, it is OURS.

And I can't wait to share my renovation/decorating journey on this blog once we move in next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment