Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Craft Night - Vinyl Wine Glasses

I'm actually not a big drinker anymore but I love having decorated wine glasses in my house because they are too cute. Back in October we had friends over to watch the Red Sox game and for us girls to mess around with the Silhouette. Originally our plan was etched wine glasses but I cannot find my etching cream so plan B was two tone vinyl decals with our names and initials. The result was awesome and I think I sold my friends boyfriend on getting her a cameo for Christmas too!

Excuse the cell phone photo, I did not have my digital camera handy


A few tips:

  • Pick a thicker font, thin fonts will not cut well out of vinyl and they look much better with the two tone look
  • There are many different types of vinyl, if you're putting this on a wine glass that you put through the dishwasher make sure you pick an outdoor grade vinyl
  • For small transfers like this I've been known to use painters tape instead of the transfer tape to apply to the glass but painters tape can go "bad" and be too sticky so test on a small piece first
  • Wash and dry the glasses completely before applying the vinyl, it will last a long time this way

2 comments:

  1. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. lasik Michigan

    ReplyDelete